The Incentive Research Foundation’s (IRF) newly released executive briefing, 2012 Trends in Rewards and Recognition, reveals that businesses will be emphasizing “individualization” in their motivation programs this year. specific trends include:
• Fast HR – More flexible approaches to the management of people using recognition programs to meet employee needs with greater speed and precision.
• Gamification – incorporating the principles of game design into the structure of reward and recognition programs.
• We’re all marketers – aligning employee behavior through rewards to reduce customer defection and optimizing value.
• Repairing cultures – Deep cost-cutting has damaged the cooperative nature of some workplaces. organizations need to recapture the cultural conditions that made them an “employer of choice.”
• Virtual workplaces – ensuring all technology based reward and recognition programs are integrated into social media sites.
• Corporate social responsibility – everyone needs to ensure program components are in line with their corporate values and initiatives.